There's Trouble Afoot, Citizen!
As we enter the 2nd millennium of the common era, humankind here on planet Earth is in trouble. Big trouble.
You won't get the 'Big Picture' on The History Channel but here it is in a nutshell.
The web of dynastic European families that emerged solvent from the Dark Ages...
... that soon plied the oceans with their sailing ships and acquired wealth too vast to be counted at the dawn of international trade...
... that steadily concentrated power behind the scenes even as the world cheered the American experiment in liberty at the dawn of the Age of Enlightenment...
... that grabbed western civilization by the hairs of its head and consolidated monopoly control over manufacture and transportation at the dawn of the Industrial Revolution...
... that expanded their global financial empire exponentially with the injection of cartel central banking into every nation so the people could be rented their national money supply as debt and guarantee it repayment via a confiscatory income tax...
... that gained power over men's minds through control of public schooling, television and now, the 24/7 communication and surveillance system we call the Internet (created by the 'Deep State' for the use of the populace)...
... has now matured into a all-encompassing network of global control that I call the Grid and whose operators remain largely unknown to a public easily distracted by sports, cultural conflict and televised wardrobe malfunctions.
The Grid has overlaid the world with a largely invisible and steadily tightening social and financial control matrix that, if not arrested and reversed, threatens to erase all remaining traces of freedom and privacy within the next generation and turn this planet into a 24/7 human farm where the sheep can be managed, monetized, sheared and controlled at will and, when no longer useful, disposed of, and where resistance will no longer be effective or even possible.
A few millions of educated and enlightened individuals the world over are well aware of all this and, although comprising less than 1% of the global population, are doing everything in their power to awaken the other 99% through the usual means: the formation of private organizations, peace movements, blogs, newsletters, marches, rallies, political parties and other channels of communication and activism.
Regrettably , none of these ostensible solutions will ever work. They've all been tried, countless times throughout recorded history, and will fail countless times again due to a total failure to understand the dynamic of effective resistance.
Here is how this works. If an organization or movement seeking to reform corruption, regain lost liberties and "fight the evil-doers" succeeds in gaining traction with the public, it is quickly mocked, ridiculed and attacked virulently in the control Grid media as dangerously 'radical,' 'anti-government' and so forth
If it survives this first level of soft attack and continues to gain public favor, an attempt is then made to infiltrate and neutralize its top leadership.
If it somehow survives this second attack and continues to grow, it is finally eliminated through litigation, bankruptcy, blackmail, fraud and other forms of violence, both direct and indirect.
All of which would appear to leave ardent lovers of liberty with no effective remaining course of action. But this is not true. And here is where the magic begins.
We humans are social creatures. We are joiners. We seek association, camaraderie and community.
We forms clubs and councils, memberships and movements. Yet this is our weakness, and it is easily exploited.
The U.S. military has a wonderfully effective slogan that it features on billboards throughout the nation and which appeals to naive, under-educated and otherwise witless young prospects, each bubbling over with teenage hormones and idealism, to become a one-person fighting machine: to be sent into the fray (in countries most couldn't find on a map) to win a fabricated and unwinnable 'War On Terror,' to become an Army Of One.
Skeptical inquiry. A rational approach to truth.
Probity and honor. Character above all.
The individual as the highest member of society.
Discovering the universe within.
Touching each other's lives.
Lighting candles, opening doors.
Supporting each other.
Believing in each other.